25 essential things to know about Whipple
1. I have two tubes of toothpaste. I really only need one but it was one of those buy one get one free. I supposed I might as well go for it. Now I will never have to go to that store again.
2. When I was four I had some thing that I could push that would bounce some colored balls around in a plastic dome. I was pretty cool. If you see one around I would like to buy it. I miss that thing.
3. I have a houseplant and it never goes anywhere. At least not when I'm around. I respect loyalty and will gladly water anybody who is willing to put up with my shit.
4. My high school was painted in some horrible off yellow. It was a shade scientifically proven to extend people's attention span. I always carried a blue notebook so I could calm the fuck down.
5. Once told a girl that I loved her like the stars love the sky. She laughed her ass off.
6. Every summer my family would travel all the way to Missouri so I could solve my grandfather's Rubik's Cube. I don't know why he couldn't find anyone closer.
7. I used to play baseball with a duck.
8. I threw up in Wassila Alaska once. I really hope then mayor Sarah Palin saw it even though if that was the case and we ever met again I would no longer have anything to say to her.
9. I was once arrested for marijuana. I told the judge that I wouldn't pay the fine because the government had no right to tell me what to put in my body. He looked at me strange and gave me a new court date. I am still convinced that if everyone arrested for marijuana told the judge the same thing there would be no law against marijuana but stoners are lazy.
10. I used to fight a rooster with a trash can lid and a whiffle ball bat. I won every time. Still I got to admit nothing is more determined than an angry cock.
11. There was a Sunoco gas station down the street from our house. I could see their light outside my window. It sort of looked like a planet or some giant ship in the sky to me. I wanted to go there but it only looked cool from my window. It wasn't all that when we were actually there.
12. I have a degree in photography. If I had a better cellphone I could take your picture.
13. When I turned 28, my lover and her best friend threw a funeral party for me because I suppose to have been a rockstar and overdosed at 27.
14. I used to climb on the roof of fast food restaurants and steal their banners. I lit one on fire.
15. I really don't know right from left. I often push on doors that say “Pull” or say “hsuP”. I am still not sure what color my eyes are.
16. I bought some Volcano blend coffee at Trader Joe's because I was really hoping to be able to vomit lava at work.
17. My first song was called “Momma Took a Shit”.
18. I had Acid flashforwards when I was a child. Whenever I take LSD now I think, “I remember seeing this shit when I was five”.
19. I blacked out the last time I was in Mexico.
20. When I left Illinois, I fasted for five days in Moab Utah to get the taste out of my mouth.
21. I was horribly obsessed with water towers. I made my brother's girlfriend drive me out to the see them. I would be afraid if I was on top of one though. Once you start sliding you'd probably never stop.
22. When I was in sixth grade I didn't like my classmates or my class for that matter so I finished the rest of the text book one weekend. They put me in another class.
23. I was originally enrolled at SIU-C as a cinema major but back then we were still using stuff called "film" to make movies which was too expensive for me. Still, it is the only text book I have kept and I have a Bolex 8mm with two reels of "film".
24. My dog Dusty and I would always get lost in the woods though Dusty never thought he was lost because he knew where I was.
25. I am the Benjamin Button of dating. The older I get the younger my girlfriends are. I am not sure what that says about me but I doubt it is good.
back to blog